Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Five: Fabricated for your weekend!

Welcome to this weeks Five! This week, I I found some pretty awesome performances, some Halloween songs and even a mini-trip back to the 90's. Hope you enjoy!

Sonic Youth - Kool Thing. I just found out that this had a video last night!  Yeah, even if I tire of this song, I don't think I'm going to get tired of this video! Look at all the fuzz and the 90'sness. Even MTV was good  back then. What is postmodern MTV anyway?


Misfits - Braineaters. Should I have a Halloween Friday Five weekend edition? That would be fun.


Feist - 1234 & Mushaboom (In Paris). These songs get stuck in my head more than they should be.  She kills it when she gets to Mushaboom.  Cool vocal loop at the end.


PJ Harvey Uh Huh Her. No, its not only the name of PJ's album, but I guess this is another B-side to something. Check out PJ's shirt.  This is one of my favorite live preformances from her.


Siouxsie and the Banshees - Tenant. This is one of the better live versions of Tenant that I've seen.


Extra! Siouxsie and the Banshees - Pained Bird (With Robert Smith). If you are a Banshees Fan, try to find Nocturne on DVD. You will not be disapoitned. ( I think that the DVD is better than the live album, but that might just be me). This crowd knows what to do. Awesome.



Classic Sleater Kinney! Well, it really isn't that "Classic" because its all from "The Woods" but that doesn't matter. I felt like being nice this week, so I picked 3 for you readers this week :) (The first and last one are from Coachella '06.)

Modern Girl - "This song is about a nervous breakdown...in reverse". That is one of the best song openers I have ever heard.


Jumpers. Yeah, another Letterman video. One of the best versions of Jumpers I've seen, and if I think its good, then it must be good. Check out 2:20 - 2:40 for the good part. (Is it ironic that that bridge is in the background...?)


Step Aside.  I love this song.


(PS. I wouldn't count Sleater Kinney reunion out just yet. I read someplace
(I forgot. Sorry...) that there is a good chance of a reunion sometime soon :) Keep asking for it! And for you Denver people, don't shut up about it! Tell all of your 90's punk friends, and tell them to tell their friends so that they could come play here! It would blow your mind if it would happen...)


If you want to read some more, check out Carrie Brownstein's Ari Up Tribute on NPR's.

No comments: