Thursday, October 21, 2010

R.I.P. Ari Up

I was reading twitter this morning because I wanted to check my phone and not look like a lonelyAr young person with a hoodie on. I was kind of bummed out that I checked because after some mobile internet browsing later, I found out that the awesome Slits singer Ari Up passed away a day ago. I was about to cry, but again, I was in public and I didn't want to cry and look emo (to common folk someone crying in a hoddie is an emo). So I have decided that I will have a Ari Up/Slits tribute Friday Five in addition to the regular Friday Five that I always so on Friday.

I'm kind of upset right now so I don't want to write a long winded essay on the history of the Slits and the Punk scene in England. So I'll just let the good folks at Wikipedia do it for me (Come on guys, it was that or Pitchfork. You know I hate Pitchfork).


The Slits
Ari Up

No comments: