Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday Five, It's freaking awesome!

Happy Friday fellow readers! I'm happy that I can share my favorite 5 videos of the week with you all because this week has been insane. Despite that, I found some awesome stuff for all you loyal readers to listen to. If you missed a week, or want to look at my past  Friday Fives, click this link. I don't want you to miss anything. So with that, we kick-off the Friday Five for this week.  (I even threw in some super groups and side projects....cough cough)

Hole - Berry. Good old classic Hole. Sounds different that their other albums (I think it sounds better...)


Television - Friction. Can someone remind me to buy Marquee moon? I don't know why I don't have it...


Butter 08- It's the Rage. Think of a Chibo Matto, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion and Skeleton Key salad. This sounds pretty good, I never heard them before this week.


Dim Stars - Downtown at Dawn. I'm quite the Sonic Youth fan (as you might know) but I didn't know that Thurston, Lee, Richard Hell, Don Flemming, and occasional guitarist Robert Quine, had a super group. Crazy huh? You hear something new every Friday. Love that guitar riff.



PJ Harvey & John Parish - Is that all there is? Love this version! You might want to check out the original though.


Extra! PJ Harvey & John Parish - Rope Bridge Crossing (1998). Can't embed, but go straight to to the video. Don't miss it! It is more amazing than the one that I was going to post for you guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9cktjvEU4o

Hate to say it, but there will be no classic Sleater Kinney Video this week. This is my silent protest for a Sleater Kinney Reunion. (Come on, I know you want one too. If I feel like it, I'll post one tomorrow when I write about all ages shows.) I will post this instead:


Alright fine, settle for Excuse 17 then? (Man, I got to buy this too! I have a whole laundry list of albums I need to get!!!)

No comments: