Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Five. Loded with your weakly source of music that doesn't suck.

Another Friday, another Friday five. I picked the best 5 videos that I could find and I added a little something extra at the end. I'm trying to get the album review typed as fast as I can. So until then, listen to these and get your weekly source of awesome sauce music. (FYI, I packed a punch this week so you are low on time, you can visit me later).


OOIOO - Be Sure to Loop. OOIOO (pronounce it as Oh Oh I Eh Oh) is a Japanese band founded by the Bordoms Drummer Yoshimi P-We. Here is a word of advice from me to you: Listen to Yoshimi P-We In any musical venture. Trust me, your mind will melt in a good way.


Extra! OOIOO - Open Your Eyes You Can Fly - I can't get enough of OOIOO and sometimes I have the urge to sing this at the top of my lungs when someone is frying something or when I want to run down the hallways at my school. Pretty awesome music video.


Bratmobile - Cool Schmool


PJ Harvey and Tricky - Broken Homes. Try to just ignore David Letterman and just watch Tricky and PJ Sing. This song is great and the best version I heard, so listen up.


Xmal Deutschland (Say Imal Deutchland) - Matador. I call them "the German Siouxsie and the Banshees".


Sonic Youth - Silver Rocket. One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands. (I have some personal news regarding Sonic Youth that I will announce later this week)


More Sleater Kinney.
Yes, they are one of my (many) favorite bands and I did find more early stuff for you guys.

Sleater-Kinney - Why Ask Why/ Don't Ask Why (Live). Can you see the drummer?


The Last Song / Dig Me Out . Ok, this is long but is the nifty second part of the first video. Watch it! You won't be sorry.

No comments: