Friday, December 24, 2010

Festive Friday Five!

Merry Christmas! (or for those of you who don't celebrate happy winter holiday). I thought that it would be a good idea if I was to give a Christmas gift to all of my readers, so I'd thought that I would share some of the Sleater Kinney B-sides that I accidentally stumbled upon last week. As with all b-sides, they should be on the original albums. Enjoy these, and have a wonderful holiday!

What if I was right. I want to say that this might be a non album b-side, but it was released on a long gone compilation album. This one has some pretty solid guitar - drum work in it.


Everything (Album Version) From The Woods DVD. This "should be" the last song on The Woods. I think that they should have kept it on there because it makes the album "complete". If you want to buy it, it is available to download on iTunes. Check out the Live version too.


Maraca. I think this is about drunk driving or a car crash.


Lions and Tigers. Corrin wrote this for her kid, so that explains when it is lyricly simple, but it is a very cute song.


More Than A Feeling. Another great cover. Again, I don't know why this isn't on an album.


Big Big Lights. This is from '96, so this must be from the Dig Me Out Era.


Write Me Back Fucker. No video for this one, but check it out on The Hype Machine

No comments: