Thursday, July 7, 2011

Music I've been meaning to buy, but checked out at the Library series Part Seven:Lust For Life - Iggy Pop

Yes. I will get this album someday. If you have to hate me for not owning one album, hate me for not having this one. I don't think you can be alive and not hear at least one Iggy Pop song. So as a matter of fact, I'm not really doing a "clean" review, but I haven't heard the album, so my review will be sound anyway.

Want to know what's cool? David Bowie signs backing vocals and plays piano on this album too! See why I like having the actual CD with me? You find all of these cool things inside of it!

Track - By - Track Analysis

Lust For Life
This might be the best opening track in the history of music ever. That isn't an understatement, that is the truth! Everything is right with this song, the drums, the guitar, the bass, the piano thing. The lyrics are good too they probably aren't about anything serious, but hey, who needs lyrics when you can dance?

Sixteen
This is just straight up Rock and Roll right here. Its crunchy, simple rock. we even get a cowbell a minute or so in the song! This is my kind of song.

Some Weird Sin
David Bowie wrote the music to this song. You can just hear the influence right? I don't mind at all because I think he makes things sound better! I guess this song is about being an outcast, and being "stuck on a pin" and not being able to move anywhere (I totally understand that). Despite that, I love this song. What can't you like about this?

The Passenger
If you haven't heard this song, then I'm just going to call you crazy. No seriously, who hasn't heard this song in one shape or another? My favorite band covered it.So I'm sure that you can find a cover of it too. This a fun song for me. You can just sing the chorus all day long, and if you don't want to do that, then try to get that main riff stuck in your head; it's great.

Tonight
We hit the halfway point, and we also hit the slow song too. Well, it picks back up, but I still will consider this the slow song on the album. Although it is a slow song, it is one of those good slow songs, that don't sound "slow" if you know what I mean. Bowie doesn't really sound like he is singing backing vocals, but he is pretty loud on this album anyway (not like that is a bad thing). Also on David, his cover on this song was "alright" not the best, but not enjoyable. I'd just stick to this song if possible.

Success

Wow, its like the other song didn't end! Well, this is about success, so this song is straight forward. This might even have the best line that I've ever heard "Hooray Success". If you wanted to write a song about success, this is how you do it.

Turn Blue
Well, I think that this is the long song that is also the slow song. I like it though, but like a lot of other long, slow songs it speaks for itself, so it is better if you found it and listened to it for yourself and enjoyed it. (one day, I will explain these long songs!)

Neighborhood Threat
As by the lyrics, this is about a pretty threatening neighborhood. The music is not threatening at all and that is great because it is just more of that simple Rock and Roll that I do enjoy so much.

Fall In Love With Me
I suppose that this is just a simple love song, but it is more than simple because the music is pretty great (listen to that piano thing). 


This is a very straight forward album, and I think that I don't really need to explain anything else! I highly recommend this album because it is just so influential and awesome! Go check it out now!

No comments: