Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Five: Faithful to your weekend.

Happy Friday my dear readers! I'm happy that it is Friday again, and I'm also happy that I get to share some news regarding the bands in this weeks installment of th Friday Five!

I'm looking for a guest blogger to do the Friday Five for me January 28th. If you are interested, leave a comment here.

Siouxie and the Banshees - Painted Bird on the Old Gray Whistle Test. This is one of my favorite live performances. Painted Bird is also one of my favorite songs. (Yes, that is Robbert Smith playing guitar)


PJ Harvey - Rid of Me on Jay Leno. Where is her band? That really doesn't matter, this is a great performance. Dont' forget to watch the interview!


Extra! PJ Harvey - Let England Shake. This is from her upcoming album "Let England Shake". I can't wait for this to come out. This might be me, but PJ is starting to sound like Fever Ray (just a little bit).


Mo-Dettes - White Mice.


Kleenex - Hedi's Head. (You didn't hear this from me, but there will be another Kleenex box set coming out soon. Keep an eye out for that. )


Vivian Girls - Double Vision. I also heard that a Vivian girls album may be in development. They did get a new Drummer though.


Classic Sleater Kinney - Start Together. According to the video details, this was filmed in '97 or '98. I just want to say that this a really good bootleg; if it isn't a bootleg, then this is a really high quality video. Just watch the camera change at :35 seconds.


If you dont' want to watch Carrie play guitar, why not watch Portlandia? It will make you laugh, cry and might even make you want to visit Portland. The show premieres the 22nd, but you can watch it here. (Again, you didn't hear this from me).

No comments: