Friday, March 25, 2011

Funtastic Friday Five!

Happy Friday everyone! I hope that it was a good one for you! Anyway, I'm back (on time) to present the my 5+ videos for the week! I even got this done early too! I'm on vacation for a week, so keep checking back often so you can read my latest music related posts! I don't know if I'm going to write album reviews, my thoughts on bands and and the current music world, or just do some mini reviews on the latest albums that I've just bought. Anyway, I'm sure that you all will enjoy it.

St Vincent - Actor out of Work. This is a rehearsal video. I've been listening to a lot of St. Vincent recently. I think I'm going to buy one of their albums over vacation, so I can have something new to listen to.


GBH - Go Home. I'd thought that I would change things up a bit. (Don't kill me if I say that I don't own this album)


Pixies - Bone Machine (Live 2004). I've also been playing this song a lot. Who wouldn't? It is so enjoyable!


Cocteau Twins - Wax and Wane. I'm trying to find more live footage of the Cocteau Twins to share. This footage is pretty grainy and old, but it is brilliant. It really showcases the early Cocteau Twins. If you look really closely, you can see a Killing Joke Poster. Did they open for them?


Free Kitten - What is Fair live 1994. I'm going to sound crazy, but this might be the first all female super-group (Kim Gordon, Yoshimi P, Julie Cafritz, Mark Ibold. Fine, you have to subtract Mark Ibold on the early albums) not Wild Flag (Go ahead and  kill me). If I feel like it, I'll prove my point in a later blog post. Anyway, this is a really good track. Listen to the lyrics, they will enlighten you.


MORE WILD FLAG!
I'm having Wild Flag mania although they haven't officially released anything yet. But if you have the time crawl Youtube and watch some of their live videos. It is everything that a S-K Fan (or non fan) would enjoy. Heck, if my Mom enjoys Wild Flag, then you sure will.

Wild Flag - "Arabesque" live 11/18/10. They are awesome and funny at the same time! How rad!

No comments: