Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sweet Saturday Six

I pushed the Friday Five to Saturday this week because I finished this post on Saturday instead of Friday. I had some time this week, so I kind of went "in depth" and I featured some new artists that are worth recommending.
PJ Harvey - Let England Shake. I'm really liking these short films for every song on PJ's album.


OOIOO - Uma. I had to include an experimental song this week. Naturally, anything that Yoshimi P is involved in is awesome, so OOIOO isn't an exception.


Black Tambourine - For Ex Lovers Only. Black Tambourine is another band that I was into for a while, but forgot all about. If you are into Shoegaze and Twee pop, you will love Black Tambourine.


Free Kitten - Strawberry Milk.


Scout Niblett - Big Bad Man. If you like old school PJ Harvey or Cat Power, then I recommend Scout Niblett. Her guitar playing is raw, and her music is fresh too.


Siouxsie and the Banshees - Israel. Apparently, this is was written as a Christmas song. Guess I learned something new today.


Classic Sleater-Kinney (kind of).
Nardwuar vs. Sleater-Kinney. I had to show you all this interview; it is just too good to miss. Trust me, the interviewer (Nardwaur) is not an idiot and is accurately pretty smart. He does a good job interviewing.

No comments: